Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Seaview Woods copyright sean lewis 2012

A visit to an abandoned mental hospital in Staten Island, NY.

 I stumbled upon Seaview Hospital while doing some research on Google Maps. I was intrigued by the amount of abandoned buildings and the size of the largest building (about 8 floors). Here are some shots that I took there.
Seaview Fireplace copyright sean lewis 2012

Seaview Abstract #1 copyright sean lewis 2012

Seaview Door #1 copyright sean lewis 2012

Seaview Chair copyright sean lewis 2012

Seaview Abstract #2 copyright sean lewis 2012

Seaview Door #2 copyright sean lewis 2012
 
I was very intrigued by the colors here. This is one of the first abandoned buildings I've seen that wasn't entirely covered with graffiti. Many of the rooms felt almost Mediterranean, like this one:

Seaview Door #3  copyright sean lewis 2012
 
Don't worry, Plenty of black and whites to come.

No comments: